Covid-19 Guests’ Health Protocol
The purpose of this text is to inform Tambopata Ecolodge guests regarding the Covid-19 preventive health measures implemented by our company, in accordance with the guidelines issued by the Peruvian government and international organizations, to prevent infection among guests, employees or other persons at our eco-lodge and company offices.
1. Upon arrival at Puerto Maldonado airport:
- Guests must maintain the recommended social distance of 1.50 meters at all times. The use of face masks is mandatory at the airport, in our vehicles, and at our Puerto Maldonado office. Since the use of face masks will be mandatory throughout their Peru vacation, we recommend that guests travel with enough masks to comply with the country's regulations and to protect their health. The use of a face mask is not required in guests’ rooms and during mealtimes in the Ecolodge's dining room. In enclosed spaces, such as our bus, the use is mandatory of two 3-ply surgical masks, or one NG95 type mask. In open spaces only one mask is required, and guests should respect social distancing.
- Maintaining the social distance (1.50 meters) recommended by the World Health Organization (WHO), one of our naturalist guides will contact you and communicate the guidelines for handling luggage, boarding our vehicle, and use of our city office.
- Our vehicles are duly authorized by the Provincial Municipality of Tambopata for the transporting of tourists, and all Covid-19 prevention regulations have been implemented in our vehicles and transfer procedures.
- Your luggage will be loaded by the driver of the vehicle. At all times, our driver will use a face mask.
- During the transfer, the use of face masks is mandatory inside the vehicle. You will find 70% alcohol liquid or gel sanitizer in the vehicle, provided for hand sanitizing.
- Our vehicles are cleaned and disinfected after each service, including seats, handrails, door handles, and windows.
2. Upon arrival at our Puerto Maldonado office:
- In the city of Puerto Maldonado, we have a 300 square-meter office for the exclusive use of our guests. Its design –open-air and partially roofed- ensures good ventilation.
- Use of face masks is mandatory in our office.
- Our office is cleaned and disinfected before the arrival of each group of guests, and after each departure; the restrooms and luggage storage rooms are also cleaned and disinfected.
- A sanitizing station is located at the entrance to our office, where liquid or gel 70% alcohol-based sanitizer is providing for hand sanitizing.
3. On our boats:
- Use of a face mask is mandatory on our boats.
- We have fiberglass boats with individual seats that ensure greater security in terms of cleaning, disinfection and social distancing.
- Each seat is equipped with a lifejacket, duly disinfected.
4. Upon arrival at the Ecolodge:
- Use of face masks is mandatory in our Ecolodge facilities.
- Respecting social distancing, in the spacious bar area, you will be welcomed by our naturalist guides and lodge management and given your room key. During this meeting, each guest will receive information on the use of their room and Covid-19 prevention recommendations.
- Our staff will take care of the luggage transfer. They will collect the bags from the boat, and leave them on the path leading to the rooms.
- In the communal parts of the Ecolodge, we have spacious areas in the bar, lounge and dining room, where social distancing is respected. At the same time, our open-air pathways and large gardens facilitate the maintaining of social distancing.
- In the bar and lounge area, we offer a 300-square meter space, beneath a high roof and with mesh screen walls that create a well-ventilated environment, with individual tables and armchairs where guests can maintain social distancing while enjoying our excellent selection of Peruvian and international drinks. On each table you will find 70% alcohol liquid sanitizer for hand sanitizing.
- Areas are disinfected on a daily basis. Our bartender will serve you from your table, thus avoiding close contact at the bar. To avoid frequent payments during your stay, you will be asked to pay your bar bill as a single payment at the end of your stay (using cash, Visa or MasterCard).
- In the dining roomwe offer a spacious 100-square meter area, with a high roof and mesh screen walls that create a well-ventilated environment, for the eating of meals at well-spaced tables with individual chairs.
- The dining area is disinfected on a daily basis.
- Use of face masks is not mandatory during mealtimes in the dining room.
- To avoid crowding, the hot drinks we offer guests as part of their full board programs are made available at several locations within the Ecolodge facilities.
- All foodstuffs are properly sanitized and prepared by our chef with supplies sourced from nearby farms. All ingredients used are correctly disinfected before entering the kitchen. Fruits for juices and other fresh produce are sourced from local farms, where they are produced organically and harvested in accordance with guidelines recommended by the local health authority.
- In guests’ roomsuse of face masks is not mandatory.
- Our cabin-style rooms have two walls made from mesh screens, providing excellent ventilation. Rooms are disinfected on a daily basis.
- During boat excursions, the use of face masks is mandatory.
- During excursions on forest trails in the company of our naturalist guides, single file with the social distancing recommended by the WHO is maintained.